Sunday, June 26, 2005

The MDC Fair...

I left the recruitment fair today with mixed feelings... Not sure how I got myself into it... dont be silly, for those of you that think I am jumping ship again, think again... I am actually quite contented with my job... I was there helping out my company with the recruitment drive... Since we were short of manpower, my task was to help promote my company, schedule the interviews and conduct the interviews...


my first duty was to schedule the interviews... first, I had to screen the CVs and look for some pre-requisites
( i was thinking to myself, okay la... can't be that complicated ritee) So i sat there for the next hour, listening and attending to their concerns.

The favourite questions were:
1. Hi, what position is open for recruitment?
2. Got training or not?
3. Involve programing ar? eee.. i am not good at programing so how ar? still can apply?
4. Got opportunity to travel?

I got bored of answering their questions after a while, so I phone my colleague David
me: Ehhh.... can swap ar... I want to have a taste of being the interviewer also la....
david: wait first la.. this is fun, wait after lunch time la then we swap...
me: dowan la.. boring lah up here... they all keep asking me the same questions over and over again..
david: ok la... u come down, there's another seat next to me.. we tag team interview la...
me: ok.. sets!

so upon hearing the good news, i rushed down to the interview hall... i was telling myself, remember to keep a straight face, remember to keep a straight face..... be serious, be professional..... and dont fuck up....

ok, so i tell you, being at the other side of the table feels soooooo much better.. -_^
for one, i dont have to worry about what i say and everyone is just trying to suck up to you! i was telling myself, man, i can get used to this... needless to say, my tag team partnership with David went really well.. but he thought i was being really crude and kept reminding me not ask too many technical questions.... remember what Janice(HR manager) told us arr, ' this is just to see their character, no need to judge them first... BE EASY ON THEM!!' but i thought aiya... let's save her the trouble of having to interview them AGAIN later... might as well reject all the crap ones now, rather than to give them false hopes... after rejecting like 5 candidates, i thought okayy, maybe i am being a little too strict here... so i took it easy and cut back on the technical questions, until this guy came along... i thought the interview went really well, but he kept on saying

candidate A: I have no problems with Java language'...( it was like for the 5th time)
so i thought to myself, ' ooo, cocky bastard, let me teach you something or two
me: so, tell me, what do you know about Classes? (to confess, i know jackshit about OO)
upon hearing my question, i could see that he started to panic...
candidate A: err.. err..umm.. ar.. classes? ..
and he went on crapping about something which i didnt really understand..
me: okay, tell me what you know about Function Calls?
candidate A: ohh.. i dont really know how to explain but, its something like a bicycle, and how you operate it....

-_-

so after that, David agreed that we desperately need some technical questions... or we wont be able to gauge and know if the bloody prick is trying to pull a fast one on you... i bet most of them left the interview hall cursing and swearing at me...tsk tsk..

at about
5pm
, after shaking countless of sweaty and cold hands, we went for a drink at some cafe and i took this pic...





view of Putrajaya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home