Monday, June 27, 2005

The one with The Friend

A few days ago, i received a call from Steven to help him help a friend with a photo shooting of kickboxing sessions on Saturday... you see, The Friend wanted to have some pictures taken for some broucher and some campaign.. The task was simple, all i had to do was to bring my camera, and snap some shots, but the catch is, we dont really get paid for it.. I thought to myself, okay la.. can practice my photography skills and got models to pose for me.. so count me in..

So came Saturday, I met up with Steven for breakfast somewhere near his house.. I was like normal la, the blur one, didnt realize what i got myself into... until he said, the lighting condition there quite dark la, this la , that laa...should use RAW format.. aiyo.. stress la, die la now.. only 1gb of memory where got enuff...

they were just wrapping up the class when we arrive... The Friend greeted us.. no, greeted him and started to introduce herself but somewhat just totally ignored me although i was standing (smiling also) next to him... i was like thinking, wahh.. how come so hostile wan? PMS today izzit? so i tried not to be bothered by her, settled in, unloaded my camera, and started snapping away, while they were still discussing about what pose would be ideal for the models to strike.. So, there was Kwai Cheng Kane, Laila Ali, Crouching tiger man, Brandon Lee and Lita... They all took turns sparing each other while we searched for the perfect shot.. i would preview everyother shot and it would either be blur, under exposed, or simply uninteresting.. stress i tell you.. and it didnt help with The Friend's hostile attitude.. imagine if she saw my pictures, for sure scream wei... so, after a while, i decided, okay la.. let's just try using Auto, and see how it goes... luckily some of the shots did turn out alrite...





here's a shot of Kwai Cheng Kane executing a side kick..








so after 2 hours of non stop kicking and punching, the
models were already tired, and my eye was starting to get a little sore from staring at the view finder.. oh ya, by now, The Friend still hasn't introduced herself, or utter a single word to me, dont know why the hostile treatment, not to say i am charging her for my shots also... just want some goddamn acknowledgement that's all.. hence i call her The Friend.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home