Sunday, January 08, 2006

Field trip to the city

The day started at about 3 pm for me, and went to this place where the locals and tourists go, called Guan Qian Jie. I got there at about 3.30pm and the place was packed with people.. I was all geared up, and had my camera with me and as soon as I got there, I whipped out my camera, and started to snap.. only to find the message on the display 'No CF Card'.. so you can imagine my frustration, had to lug my bag around the whole day and it was so freaking heavy..

It has lots of eatery places and departmental stores.. for some reason the chinese people are obsessed with mobile phones.. you can practically find huge stores which sells mobile phones everywhere,..with a wide variety of choices such as Konka, Nextel and MEC...

The dept store MATRO which caters to the higher end where u can find Hugo Boss, Chanel and Gucci... of course, at other stores there are Humo Boss, and those chinese brands where they try to pass off as branded goods.

It's no surprise that SARS was able to spread so easily here cos people keep spitting everywhere. Walking around the city is like walking in a minefield, where u really have watch where u step. And what is worst is people do that in restaurants while surrounding people are eating.. so gross..

Alritey, gonna go watch some DVDs which I bought last nite.. Only 5rmb per disc and it was a good copy.. even for boxsets.. bought 3 boxsets for about 130rmb, which equivalents to rm60.. talk abou value for money.. hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home