Thursday, August 18, 2005

Yay, I've made it

At first, I was kinda paranoid that my car was underpowered to drive up to Genting. I had 4 other adult passengers in my car and while driving on the NKVE, it felt rather sluggish.. Naturally, I was worried that the engine would overheat cause I remember seeing Mercedes, Accords and other high powered vehicles overheated, but nontheless, I was determined to put it to the test. So to other Jazz vtec 1.5 owners out there, no problem lah, although I did floored it at parts of the hill and the engine did feel like it was dying, it would be very nice to have a K20A engine then.


That's not haze, it's just thick fog.


We headed straight to the outdoor theme park, and got on to the Spinner. I felt a little queasy after that ride cause it kept going only one way. I ended up leaning towards my right after that.


Next was Space Shot.

It was going up really slowly, as though it was teasing us.. I looked around to enjoy the view from above, and suddenly BOOOOOOM, it dropped free fall and my heart felt like it had stop beating. Too bad it only lasted like 10 seconds, cause the adneralin rush was superb. Not for the faint hearted though.


This is their latest attaction, The Flying Coaster, but after going on the Space Shot, i thought that it was rather tame, and i had to pay rm10 for it. rip off.

For the first time in my life, I tried rock climbing. It was easy for the first 10 meters, but as you go higher try not to look down. I think it was designed such a way that, the higher you go, the harder it gets.

I am trying to recall what was going through my mind, and it was something like this. The whole climb lasted a total of 5 minutes(i think).

I strapped on the gear and went straight to the wall, with my 11 year old cousin next to me. The first few steps wasn't too bad, as I could get a decent grip to pull myself up. I thought to myself, okay.. this is not too bad.. it's much easier than it looks. Then, came mid point, my hands got tired, and I couldn't find a place to put my legs. Shit. I knew I stuck. I looked over to my cousin and he look like he was having a jolly good time, as though he was going for a stroll. Then I remembered the lady whom was at the bottom, supporting my weight. Shits, if I let go now she definitely cannot support my weight, you know the sea-saw effect and we will be both left hanging in mid air.. oh nooo., what have i got myself into this time, AGAIN. Then, Amazing Race came barging into my mind, I think it was season 6, the last leg of the race which was rock climbing, one of the Bowling Mum was stuck at there.. Like her, I seriously wanted to abort the climb. It wasn't fun anymore. I looked over to my left again, and my little cousin was way ahead of me this time... Obviously this couldnt be happening, all the hard work at the gym is not helping me out.. I looked up, hoping that someone would be hiding over there, and would just pull me up. Naturally that didn;t happen, and suddenly, I saw this tiny little thingy, grabbed it, and took the next step, and the one after that. The thing that you use to hold only got smaller and smaller until at one point, you can only use your fingers to support your whole body, and in the end, I made it to the top! Satisfaction 100%.

When I got down, I was told that,
  1. my little cousin has been many many times for rock climbing
  2. the wall that I was climbing was supposedly harder than his
  3. the person down there do not support your weight, not sure what mechanism they use
  4. it's not as easy as it looks, respect to the extreme wall climbers, they must have really strong fingers.
  5. use the momentum and try not to stop, if not, you will end up using more energy
If you had the chance, I suggest that you try it too. It's really all about the technique. Perhaps Mt.KK? Bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home